Monday, November 14, 2005

Preparation for the Vietnam Holiday

Now that it is confirmed I will be going to Singapore, there are still other things I have to prepare for the trip to Vietnam. So far, I've done three of them:-
  • Bought a new digital camera, Casio Exilim EX-Z750 (a review here) 1 week ago. The amazing thing about this 7 Megapiexel camera is the functions available in such a small body. There are even a full range of manual functions available.
  • Practice using the camera. The photos taken at Tasik Perdana, Shah Alam were taken with this camera.
  • Bought a camera tripod from a shop in Sungai Wang Plaza.

I hope to take good photos while I am in Vietnam. My interest in photography started when I did a photography subject in high school at Australia. The subject was taught part of the Physics course. I learn the various technical functions of a camera, things like aperture size, shutter speed, focal length etc. We even learnt and developed photos in a dark room.

I should write something about yesterday's run. It was good day to run yesterday after a heavy afternoon rain. For the first few laps at KLCC, I ran with Jamie. Then we saw ChinPg at the 0 metern line. Although a frequent visitor to PM1's chat box, we have never met him in person. He joined us as well and one round later, Newton also showed up. After he joined, on my 4th lap it started to drizzle. Soon the rainfall became heavier and I had to seek shelter under a tree. I waited until the rain eased, had a sort of unsatisfied feeling and rejoined the trio as they ran past me. After one more lap, the rainfall became heavier and I decided to abandon my run altogether.

I have now run for three consecutive days (6 km, 12 km and 6.5 km = 25.5 km). I am supposed to take a day off today but I am tempted to run again today.

2 comments:

John said...

Please help me to check out if there is any major run (half/full marathon) in Vietnam for 2006, if you can. Thanks.

krunner said...

John,
OK - I have been checking on the Internet but found nothing. I will check when I am there