Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Training Plans for July and Trip to London

I have to admit my plans to layoff from running for 3 weeks in July was a farce.

The Ipoh run on 3rd July was supposed to be my last run in July. After that, I would stop running until the end of July to allow recovery of my injured right knee. That was the plan and intention.

What really happened was one week after the Ipoh half marathon, I ran the Seremban half marathon. Tomorrow I plan to run at KLCC park. Distance maybe 4 - 7 km depending on mt knee condition. So much for the "layoff".

But over the next 2 weeks, I will keep training to a minimum. Maybe run 5-7 km twice a week. Just enough to maintain some level of fitness. Hopefully by end of the month, I will be able to recover to a point where I can undergo more training for the races in September (Putrajaya half marathon and PJ half marathon).

Next Monday, I will be going to London for a workshop. I will be there for 4 days, returning back to Malaysia Thursday night. I plan to check out some of the shops selling running equipment but there is a problem; most of the shops close at 6.00 pm.

This blog will not be updated for most of next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In London, stay out of crowded public places!!! Haha! I’m just being paranoid. Have a safe & fruitful trip!!

Anonymous said...

you should try pool running. no, you should DO it. remember we only have a pair of legs...enjoy London!