Monday, October 24, 2005

Shoe Review : ASICS GT-2100

On Thursday, I finally exchanged the wrongly sized ASICS GT-2100 at the shop. On Saturday evening, I ran on the 400 m track at the Klang stadium wearing the coveted shoes. Here is my review of the shoe. For the record, I am 1.68 m (5 feet 6 incches) tall, 56 kg and a have slightly flat arches.

Fashion : Fashion is not very important for me but neverthless the shoes I bought was different from the usual dull and colourless ASICS shoes (blue and white). There is now a orange strip around the ankle slot. Adds a bit of colour and dash to the shoes. Quite a nice touch, I think.

Comfort and Ride: This shoes has the perfect balance of cushioning and stiffness. It is slighty harder than the ASICS Kayano XI but still gives a soft cushioned ride. The shoes also felt extremely stable when I ran on the track. The shoe did feel noticeably heavy but it is defintely lighter than Kayano. Transition from heel to forefoot appears to be smoother than the previous model, the 2090.

The only shortcomings are first : the shoe that I have (2E) is a bit wider than my foot. Second is the price : RM 369 per pair.

Conclusion : A shoe that I will enjoy running in but it remains to be seen the larger width will become an issue.

6 comments:

Jamie Pang said...

asics shoes' ride are becoming better and better. the real downside is the price really as with mizuno. which is a shame as good shoes are meant to be worn and enjoyed by all.

Anonymous said...

Where did you get your pair? I thought Asics are no longer sold in Malaysia. I can't find a single shop that still sell them.
Yeah, shame about the $$$ . I bought a pair of Kayano once. Set me back almost RM600.

krunner said...

I bought mine at Dynamic Sports, Sg Wang , tel no : 03 2141 5823

krunner said...

I bought mine at Dynamic Sports, Sg Wang , tel no : 03 2141 5823

Anonymous said...

MELELEH BRADER! but then da blardy potong stim part is da price man. Too damn expensive la. SIGH! Enjoy your ride. I'll think I'll go for the Pegasusu 2005.

Anonymous said...

pictures!!! takde gambar ker? i dunno how this shoe look like