Sunday, December 12, 2004

Post Singapore Recovery Runs

After the Singapore Run, I took three days off from running to rest. Unlike previous half marathons in Malaysia where my legs would be sore for 3-4 days, this week just two days later,my legs has fully recovered. Perhaps it was running at slow speed but what helped a lot was the flat course. There was no straining of the quads when running uphill or pounding on the legs when going downhill.

On Wednesday I was already doing a recovery run for 4 km. The next day I did 3.9 km and then another 2.6 km with Jamie and Justin.

Today I ran 4.8 km around the 400 m track at the Klang stadium with one of the Klang Pacer runner. Enjoyed today's run a lot. So far, my left foot injury has improved a lot. Not much swelling or pain after each run. On Tuesday, I have an appointment with the specialist.

I also made a trip to the Ikano Power Centre this morning. The reason was to check out the sports shop. There was really only one sports shop - Citadium. They had a largest range of Brooks shoed I've seen anywhere in the Klang valley. I've never worn a Brooks shoe before but am planning to get one this year. The thing that struck me about the Ikano P.S was its design. It felt more like I was walking aroung a shopping centre in Europe, Scandinavia in particular.The vibe was so unlike a typical Malaysian shopping centre.

No comments: