After the run , I immediately removed both shoes and did some calf stretching. As mentioned yesterday, I suspected it could be Plantar Fasciitis.
I also saw the ever cheerful Ng - seems he is doing some serious training. Then I walked to the 600 m mark and chatted with Justin about this Sunday's race.
I decided that to pin-point the cause of injury, I must document the effects in detail. Knowing the effects, the cause of injury may be determined accurately. So here are my observations:-
- For the whole day, my left foot was normal; no discomfort or pain.
- Before running, I did extra calf stretches (4 x).
- Shoes : ASICS Kayano XI.
- Medication: 500 mg Methycobal morning.
- During the run, the left side of my foot (left of arch) was hitting the shoe bottom. No painful sensation but felt tightness in the arch left side. Foot seems to be twisting along the long axis.
- No such thing was observed for the right foot.
- After the run, took off shoes; no pain whatsoever but the tissue underneath the left arch was slightly swollen.
- Pressed my fingers along the arch bottom (both foot); no tenderness or pain on either foot.
- During the cool down walk - 500m, there was some tenderness felt underneath the left arch, somewhere in the centre.
- 5 minutes later in the gym, I pressed with my fingers length-wise onn both arches. No pain or tenderness. Noticed tissue undeneath the left arch was swollen.
- 1 hour later, left foot was slightly swollen, Removed shoe and swolleness dissappeared.
- At 10.00 pm , pressed fingers along both arches. OK for right foot. For the left arch, there was a slight soreness felt at the arch bottom Soreness still persists at 10.40 pm.
- Noticed the centre of the left arch is swollen but no redness.
No comments:
Post a Comment