Selamat Hari Raya and Deepavali to everyone.
Hari Raya Idil Fitri was on Sunday 14 November 2004.
This year's Hari Raya was a bit different from last year. This year I managed to visit four of my eight uncles aunties (50%). I have never managed to hit 100% rate as it would have taken two full days of visiting/travelling. Today I am back at work and blogging.
On the second day of Raya I went for my first "serious" training run at the Klang Stadium. I was a bit shocked at my bad performance. My running form was totally screwed up. I ran as though I had arthritis - felt stiff and was running stiffly. I was runing slow too - 2 min 20 seconds per 400 m lap. I ran 2 min. 05 per lap in October. After 9 laps, I stopped running.
On Wednesday I went to the Klang railway station to buy the train tickets to Singapore. The tickets (first class) costs Rm 168 for a return trip. I had earlier enquired about the shuttle air flights to Singapore. I was taken aback to learn the tickets costs RM 680. This was an outrageous price for a 35 minutes flight. A flight ticket to Bangkok which takes about 2-5 hrs only costs RM 900. See the difference ? Per km, the MAS flights to Singapore cost 5 times more than to Bangkok. The KL-Singapore shuttle flights are very profitable for MAS and is a virtually monopoly.
For the next two weeks, I plan to increase my daily mileage to 8 km. It's going to be tough but got to do it. Although the Singapore half marathon will be my 12th half marathon race without adequate training, it is just too hard to finish well. For a 10 km race I am not worried about the lack of mileage but for 21 km I am.
Hope it doesn't rain this evening - I want see how far I can run at KLCC park. My target is 6.5 km.
No comments:
Post a Comment