Thursday, June 14, 2007

Penang Bridge Run - just 10 days away

I haven't blogged for 17 days. My blog is mainly about running and to tell the truth, I haven't run much over the past over the past one month. My plan was to run 8 km a day and 45 km a week but it has not materialised. In fact for the past one month, I am have been running about only 15 km a week. My weekday runs are now mostly on a treadmill and that too is limited to 5 km each time, 2 or 3 times a week. During the weekend, my runs are even shorter, sometimes just 2 km. It is all due to my right knee which has become considerably worse since the NB-Pacesetters race.

My right knee is now sore most of time unlike previously when the soreness would last for 2 or 3 hours after I had finished running. It seems that my right knee has further deteriorated to a state where it is adversely affecting my day to day activities. What I do know is I have to stop running after the PBR for some time. Hopefully I will get better and would be able to run on most days without experiencing serious problems.

As far as PBR, it is a 50:50 chance now. There is a 50% chance I would go ahead to run and a 50% chance of not running.

4 comments:

C-CUBE said...

take care friend. if u r not fit to run bcos of the injury just give it a rain check. there is always the next bridge run but there wont be another pair of legs with strong knees...so stay away if you think you shud. rest well.

CP Waterman said...

Ccube is correct you are the best judge to your body.Hope you will get well quickly.
Take care!

-H2O
Paris

Jamie Pang said...

ya man, all us gang fellas should be running together, albeit in different categories! but still looking fwd to hanging out with runners this weekend. Yay!

krunner said...

Besides the knee, injury I am not very fit either. Today I struggled hard to run 3km