Sunday, October 15, 2006

Pakistan Report # 4 : Another Shopping Trip

I went shopping again on Saturday. This time is I went to Sardar bazaar in a city called Rawalpindi, 18 km from Islamabad. Like I wrote before, Islamabad does not resemble a typical city in Pakistan. In Rawalpindi the main road was jam packed with all sorts of vehicles. There were colourful buses, vans, "tuk-tuks, cars, trucks and motorcycles. Other than the vehicles running on internal combustion engines, there were others vehicles running on animal or human power. There was a cart pulled by a horse with sacks of flour, bicycles and even a a man pulling on a cart filled with fruits. It was very chaotic and a scene you would never see in Malaysia.

I bought two leather jackets for RM 160 and RM 200 for men's and ladies respectively. They were not for me but a colleaugue asked me to buy them in Pakistan.

The Pacemaker Run was held at the Lake Gardens onn Sunday morning with a cake cutting ceremony for the birthdayboy. Ronnie (PM1).

I won't be running this fasting month. I still have a knee problem.

This morning in the local newspaper in one of the headlines " Hunger Haunts over 1.8 million children in Pakistan". An estimated 1.85 million children in Pakistan are at risk of malnutrition and 74 out of 120 districts of the country have been found to be food deficient in terms of availability at the grassroots.

Shopping Tip : If you want to buy Giorgio Armani suit, consider buying it in Pakistan. On Sunday I visited a shop which actually makes Armani suit and pants for just RM220 (USD 60) . They were not a fake or imitation product but it is the real thing. The shop make these suits in Pakistan and later they are sold under the Armani brand for USD 200 or more.

1 comment:

Keipo said...

Krunner:

Selamat Hari raya aidilfitri....!!